Go Back   Forums > Blogs > dave u
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Goosewood Holiday Park, York, June 2012

Posted 06-23-2012 at 09:07 AM by dave u

I stayed at Goosewood for a couple of days but didn't get to fish it too much. The first night I was there I noticed no-one on the lake was catching anything. It was all bivvy's, bite alarms and heavy duty carp gear, no-one seemed to be float fishing and most weren't even sat next to their rods. I decided to just set up a float rod and have a little try with rubber worm and a rubber maggot until I could get some bait the next day. With everyone else fishing for carp I figured I might be able to snag a nice perch or roach as night time approached. I figured wrong.

The next day I set up the leger rod and fished with two pieces of hair rigged corn. I only had a few hours to fish, so baited up a swim next to an island and one about ten yards from the bank. It was slow going, not many people were catching but then the rod tip bent round and I was into a decent fish. Either a smallish carp or a half decent tench judging from the way it was pulling. After a five minute fight it eventually showed itself and it was a nice tench. I missed a few more bites and then caught a small roach before I packed up. The next morning around 6am I had a look at the lake and it was awash with bubbles. The two swims I'd baited were fizzing with feeding fish but unfortunately I didn't have time to chance my arm.

If I ever go back though I'll definitely be up early and getting out there. It's the quietest time of the day as the place is quite noisy most of the time as there are loads of kids about.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 176650 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments