Go Back   Forums > Blogs > reeca
Register Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Platts Lane, Burscough, West Lancs

Posted 10-03-2009 at 09:59 PM by reeca

Had an interesting session here last week (mid-August 09). As usual, I was fishing my 5m whip using corn in the margins. There wasn't much happening, so just out of curiosity, I started dropping a few grains of corn in the swim right under my feet.

It was about three foot deep, and clear. Within about half an hour, there were five carp all pushing double figures mulling around eating the corn. They saw me, but weren't spooked and they kept coming back to feet whenever I put more corn in.

Eventually, I dropped my line in and after several close calls where they approached the bait only to then turn away, I was into a fish. Unfortunately it snapped my hook. I tried again, and this time managed to hook and eventually land one of them. By the end of the session I'd caught three of the five fish (as you can see in the photo's below).

The next day I returned and fished a different swim, but half an hour before I packed up, I went back and dropped some corn in the margins again to see if they were still about. 10 minutes later I went back, and the corn was gone so I knew they were still around. I got my pole, and gave it another go. A couple of minutes later I'd hooked another, and after a ten minute struggle it was in the landing net.

It may have been unconventional, but it was a thrilling way to fish and four carp of this size in one and a bit sessions isn't too bad really!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 53869 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments